Saturday, October 4, 2008

Jongewaard's Bake N Broil

Jongewaard's Bake N Broil

3697 Atlantic Ave Long Beach, CA 90807

Reviewed by Jimmy L.

With the help of Yelp Fans, I found this joint for taking my family for a quick lunch before heading to the aquarium of pacific. The sign was not very visible, therefore when you drove, unless you are staring at the numbers, it is very easy to by-pass the place.

The decor of the restaurant is very nice and homey. From the outside of the restaurant, you will never imagine how clean it is inside the restaurant.

Once my wife and I are seated, we started to look at the menu. I ordered the Country Chicken Steak with blue berry muffin and my wife ordered hamburger patty with eggs and pancake.

The Blue berry muffin was served first. The muffin was very soft and moist. Literally the muffin melt in your mouth. After the muffin tasting, I just can not wait for the meal to serve. My wife felt her meal was a bit plain, but I love my dish. The chicken steak was not dry nor salty and the hash brown was cooked just right.

After the meal, my wife and I also ordered a Velvet Cake. I had never tried a Red Velvet before. It was very tasty and again, the cake is very moist (I felt like a broken record). Even though the cake was a bit too sweet for me, but the sweetness is not something that is not bearable.

I think the meal total is less than $25. The waitress we had was very nice and courteous. I am sure if I am in long beach again, I will def. come to this place again.



No comments: