Saturday, July 17, 2010

French 75

French 75

1464 S Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651

Reviewed by Jimmy L.

With a customer coming to visit and wishing for some sea food, we took the customer to French 75, which is a restaurant that my wife had wanted to go so badly.

When we arrived, I have to say the waitress service is comparable to the one you get in France, they take their times before serving you. The whole meal took 2 and half hour. It took close to 30 minutes before we order our meal.

For appetizers, we ordered the escargot. The escargots is already de-shelled. When you eat it, all you taste is the creamy buttery sauce and the chewy texture of escargot. Not sure if that's how it should taste. It is okay, but just seem a bit too buttery for me.

For dinner, I had the sea food trio. The fish was okay. The lobster is decent. I like the flat noddle which comes along with the dish. The scallops is also okay. Portion is not huge, which is something I was expecting anyway with French Cuisine, so it is nothing special.

For dessert, we had the chocolate souffle, cheesecake dome, and creme brulee. Souffle was good. The outside cover is very crispy and the inside is very soft. I would highly recommend for people who love dessert.

For couple dating, I think this place definitely worth 4 star. But for me, I am in it for the food, so I am only giving it about a 3.

One more thing to add, there is also live band music


No comments: