Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Jimmy L. wants to tell you about a business on Yelp

Yelp Real People. Real Reviews.®

Hi, Jimmy says,
How's it going?

 

Jimmy would like to share this review with you:

Hungry Bear Sub Shop

302 W El Norte Pkwy, Escondido, CA 92026

Reviewed by Jimmy L.

On the way to visit my friend's new born baby, I decided to look up places to eat before arriving his house in SD.  With the help of the fellow yelpers, I located this sub store.  What interest me the most are fellow's comment on the comparison of this store with the East Coast Subs.  I have been searching for eons for a good sub store.  Once we reached the store, you see the flat grill in the back of the counter, you know you are in the right place already.

I ordered the ruben sandwich with pastrami and my wife ordered the cheesesteak.  When you see the sandwich, you know that you are eating the typical subway.  The portion is HUGE.  The bread is a bit dry, but the sauce on the sandwich makes the dryness of the bread bearable.  Each bite of the food is full of MEAT and condiments.  The waitress are very friendly, this seems like a family owned local business.

The only down side I can say is that this place is too DARN FAR from my house.  I guess I will have to visit my friend in SD more often to stop by this place in the future.

Bookmark

Yelp is the fun and easy way to find, review and talk about what's great -- and not so great -- in your area. Join Yelp!

To stop receiving Yelp messages, click here

No comments: