Saturday, July 12, 2008

Thai Bite at Aliso Viejo


Thai Bite

26921 Aliso Creek Rd Ste J Aliso Viejo, CA 92656

Reviewed by Jimmy L.

Ever since our favorite Thai restaurant changed ownership, we have not find a decent Thai restaurant yet. Well, at least until tonight.

First of all, the map shown was not really accurate. The restaurant locates on the the intersection of Aliso Creek and Pacific Drive. Right next to Juice it Up and Ralph.

For the appetizer, my wife ordered GOONG SARONG, which is a deep fried corn shrimp (like corn dog, but with shrimp instead). There are a total of 5 shrimps per order. Also included in the dish are some fried onion, carrot and broccoli. The taste of those deep fried veggie covered by a wanton skin is very similar to a veggie tempura.

For the main course, I ordered the lemon fish, my wife ordered the Pad Thai (she was just overwhelm by the selection and decided to go with the most common dish), and my friend ordered a Green Curry.

The Pad Thai was not very greasy like many we had tried before. Also, this was the first time I had a bean curd in the pad thai. Kinda different.

The Green Curry was decent too. I think the stuff we ordered are some what safe, and rarely you will find a restaurant screw up those 2 dishes.

As for my lemon fish, I have to say the fish was a bit dry. I had better before when I was in Asia. Half of the plate was garnish with Veggie, so you really are not getting too much fish on that dish. However the sauce on the lemon fish is actual quiet good.

The total bill is close to 60 after tax and tip, so this restaurant is not cheap. However with the service, and the food quality, I would say it is worth the money.

p.s. This is also the most non-spicy Thai restaurant I have been too. Even though there were pepper symbol next to the Green Curry and the Lemon Fish, both dish are fairly mild.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Additional Note on this restaurant. During happy hour which is 3-6 on weekday, the oyster is only 50 cent each. Each 30 minute, 20 cent will be added to the oyster. The waiter/waitress service is almost to non-existant, so order everything you need initially.