Sunday, July 20, 2008

Elliott's Oyster House

Elliott's Oyster House

1201 Alaskan Way Seattle, WA 98101

Reviewed by Jimmy L.

After a long meeting today, my co-worker decided to treat the customer to this location for some quality food. Seeing the reviews from everyone at yelp prior going, I was full of anticipation and excitement.

One we arrived the restaurant, it took the waitress about 15 minutes to seat us, even though we had a reservation. Can't blame her since we do have a big party (11 ppl). After 15 minute, we were led to the dinning room in the back. The waitress put us in a small tiny table where everyone is pretty much bumping elbow. We had to request for a new seat, and luckily an outside seating was just cleared up for us.

Since we are seating outside in the patio, some of the people in the group were feeling a bit cold. The waiter actually brought blankets to the seats since there was no heat lamp. I thought this may be a Seattle thingy, only later learned is not.

Anyway, back to the food, we ordered the 2 types of appetizer towers. I have to said, the crab cake is actually quite good. The dip was not bad either. The Calamari on the other hand is nothing special. The ultimate tower ($85) contains about 10 oyster, a few crab legs and shrimps. To be honest, I just don't think the ultimate worth the money. The Oyster is decent, but I def. had better.

For main course, I ordered the mushroom ravioli with crabs. the dish is actually fairly tasty, but very light in volume too. If I ever goes back to this place, I will probably order the crab cake, since I do think it is phenomenal.

Typically, I will give a 4 for this type of food quality, however the waiter service was just incredibly slow. We started to ordered around 8:30, it wasn't until 9:30, the waiter asked for our main course. We waited another 30 minutes for the main course to be ready. Therefore most of the evening we were just sitting, and waiting for food.

Bookmark

No comments: