Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Waterfront Seafood Grill

Waterfront Seafood Grill

2801 Alaskan Way Seattle, WA 98121

Reviewed by Jimmy L.

My review may not apply to the overall dinning experience at this restaurant since my cousin had her wedding reception in this location. However here was my experience.

Upon the start of the reception, we were greeted by very attentive waiter service. there are some satay chicken and beef, along with prawns and tomato + mozzarella on a stick. All these Hors d'Ĺ“uvre were fairly tasty and were all nicely prepared. The Prawns were very fresh and big. The balsamic vinegar on the mozzarella ball balance nicely with the sweetness of the tomato. The satay are not over cooked. The beef and chicken are both very flavorful

For kids, my cousin order spaghetti. Couldn't resist the look of the dish, I took one bite. The sauce was very tasty. The meat sauce does not over power the tomato paste and the noodle are not cooked to soft or undercooked.

For main dish, I had the scallop with a white fish (not sure if is the halibut). Both types of seafood are cooked extremely well. the tenderness of the seafood were well preserved. Rarely I had such a great seafood dishes. I was very impressed.

for my wife, she had the salmon with fillet Mignon. The beef was a little bit well done for her (since she likes medium rare), but the meat was still very soft and tender. The salmon was crusted outside and soft inside. This probably the 2nd best salmon dish I ever had in my life. The first was at the Emerald's restaurant in Vegas.

Again, since this is for a wedding, some of the food I taste may be a bit different than what was on the menu, but I have to say this restaurant does know to cook and I am sure it is not cheap as well. However if you ever want to impress a date, look no further than this restaurant.

Bookmark

No comments: